See Why They Become Customers for Life!
What Makes Guaranteed Service So Special?
Welcome to Guaranteed Service!
Air Conditioning Repairs
Living in New Jersey, we rely on our air conditioning systems to keep us cool and comfortable all summer long, and sometimes well past the summer months.
When your AC is inexplicably blowing warm air when it should be cooling, you need a solution fast.
Common reasons your AC is blowing warm air include:
- Wrong setting on your thermostat:
If your air conditioner is blowing warm air and you’re unsure why, check the thermostat first. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to accidentally switch the thermostat to the “OFF” or heating position without realizing that they did.
Check the thermostat batteries too and replace them if need be.
- Clogged air filters:
Air filters might be the most underrated component of air conditioning systems. But these devices work hard to filter out dander, dirt, dust, and other debris to keep your home clean.
To work effectively, air filters need to be cleaned or replaced regularly. If your AC is blowing warm air, the air filter might be too dirty and blocking the flow of cool air as a result.
- Frozen air conditioner unit:
A frozen air conditioner unit isn’t an unusual sight—even in the middle of a New Jersey summer. When this happens, it can cause your system to produce hot air.
Check the outside component of your system and see if there is any ice. If you find ice, this can definitely be the reason your system is blowing warm air.
What Causes an Air Conditioner to Freeze Up?
From a dirty air filter to a refrigerant leak, air conditioners freeze for many different reasons, but the most common ones include:
- Dirty air filters: When your air filter accumulates an excessive amount of debris, it blocks the flow of air, which commonly results in your unit freezing.
- Dirty evaporator coils: Over time, the evaporator coils within your air conditioning system can get coated and dirty with debris. This can block airflow which can also result in your unit freezing.
- Refrigerant leak: The lines in which refrigerant travels can leak and cause a variety of issues. Not only can this cause your AC to freeze, but a leak can expose you to the harmful effects that refrigerant can have.
How To Prevent Your Air Conditioner from Freezing
Small steps taken to maintain your air conditioning system will keep it running efficiently, reduce your risk of summer breakdowns, and save you money.
Here are some tips:
- Clean or change the air filter regularly. This will prevent clogs and restricted airflow.
- Have evaporator coils cleaned regularly. Dirty coils can block registers, which may restrict airflow and lead to freezing.
- Check the coolant levels regularly. A refrigerant leak can cause your system to freeze up.
- Schedule professional tune-ups. Having Guaranteed Service perform regular tune-ups will ensure your air conditioning system is functioning efficiently, reducing the chance of freezing and other breakdowns and repairs.
Best HVAC experience I’ve ever had. “The guys at Guaranteed are the best. Al Giordano was friendly, on time and knowledgeable. He helped us pick out the best system for our home. Brian and Nick installed the system in one day. They were efficient, respectful and clean. The job came out better than I could’ve imagined. Best HVAC experience I’ve ever had.”- Sebastian C.
I will definitely use them again! “Truly great service, Joe is an excellent technician. He took the time to explain everything he was doing and answered all of my questions. I’m so glad I took advantage of the tune-up offer that Guaranteed Service was offering. I will definitely use them again for my maintenance service in the future and would highly recommend this company.”- Susan C.
Courteous, Professional and Efficient! “One of the best companies that I have ever worked with! From my first phone call to the final walk through, everything was impeccable! Al Giordano- Lyndell P.
was just amazing, explained everything upfront and took the time to answer all my questions and address my concerns. Jason, Brian and Nick were fantastic and I cannot stop raving about them to my friends and family! I would recommend them over and over again, courteous, professional and efficient! Call Guaranteed Service, you will not be disappointed!”